CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH
It's cold! A nice warming stew is just the thing in autumn or winter time. That's why today we bring you a classic stew like our grandmothers used to make: chickpeas with spinach.
- 1 475g pack of Huercasa cooked Chickpeas
- 75-100g of spinach
- Olive Oil
- Chop the spinach and cloves of garlic well.
- Sauté the garlic in a casserole and when golden brown add the spinach. Stir until cooked through.
- Poor in an entire packed of Huercasa cooked Chickpeas.
- For a final touch, add a teaspoon of sweet or hot paprika (whichever you prefer). Stir well and leave to cook for five minutes.
- A tasty stew in just 15 minutes - nobody will believe you!
- The liquid in the Huercasa cooked chickpeas pack is the juice they release during cooking; use it in the stew to get all the flavour.
- If you're vegan, you can use the chickpea liquid as an egg white substitute; you can whip it just the same!
The liquid is called aquafaba and it's an ingredient with amazing properties that can be used to replace egg in any recipe, including those that involve whipping. The proportions are as follows (approximately):
• To replace 1 egg: 3 tablespoons (45ml)
• To replace 1 egg white: 2 tablespoons (30ml)