No more having to rack your brains to think of something healthy and tasty for the kids to eat! Today we bring you a new The Papas & the Mamas recipe: lentil burgers - they won't even leave any crumbs!
Like all pulses, lentils have a high protein content, which contributes to retaining and increasing muscle mass. Your little ones will grow up to be strong and healthy!
- 1 350g pack of Huercasa lentils
- 50g of wholemeal flour
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive Oil
- Peel the onion and cut it into fairly small pieces. Do the same with the garlic.
- Add the onion, garlic cloves and parsley to a mincer and chop well.
- Then, crush the lentils with a fork in a bowl until they become a paste. You can leave a few whole lentils if you like.
- Mix the lentils with the chopped onion, garlic and parsley, salt, pepper and wholemeal flour until the mixture forms a dough. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Now, heat a bit of oil in a pan.
- Form the mixture into whatever size burgers you want by hand. You can cover them in flour or breadcrumbs before you fry them, if you want.
- Fry the burgers on both sides on a low heat until they are golden brown.
- Add burger buns and ketchup and eat!